Monday, December 31, 2012

My Favorites of 2012


So I thought it would be interesting to see what other music Ryan Adams fans listened to from 2012? Below are all my lists, What were your favorites??

My Favorite Albums of 2012
(Based on albums that I listened to the most in 2012, and ones that I didn't have the urge to fast forward through. I highly recommend sampling all of these albums.)
1. Frank Ocean - "channel Orange"
2. Jack White - "Blunderbuss"
3. Daughn Gibson - "All Hell"
4. Django Django
5. Guided By Voices - "Class Clown Spots a UFO"
6. Sean Rowe - "The Salesman and the Shark"
7. Bruce Springsteen - "Wrecking Ball"
8. Thee Oh Sees - "Putrifiers II"
9. Bill Fay - "Life is People"
10. Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - "Here"
11. Guided By Voices - "Let's Go Eat the Factory"
12. Guided By Voices - "The Bears for Lunch"
13. Hospitality
14. Heartless Bastards - "Arrow"
15. Spiritualized - "Sweet Heart, Sweet Light"
16. Father John Misty - "Fear Fun"

My Favorite EP of 2012
Daniel Rossen - "Silent Hour/Golden Mile"

My Favorite Concerts of 2012
1. Thee Oh Sees at 29th Street Ballroom, Austin, TX (3/12)
2. Guided By Voices at The Metro, Chicago, IL (8/11)
3. Charles Bradley and the Extraordinaires at Lincoln Hall, Chicago, IL (12/30)
4. Thee Oh Sees/Ty Segall/Bare Mutants at Logan Square Auditorium, Chicago, IL (9/28)
5. The Lemonheads at The Mohawk, Austin, TX (2/11)
6. Austin Psych Fest (Brian Jonestown Massacre/The Meat Puppets/Thee Oh Sees/Wooden Shjips/Bombino) at Emo's East, Austin, TX (4/29)
7. The dB's and Chuck Prophet (w/ Peter Buck) at The Gingerman, Austin, TX (3/16)
8. Tune-Yards at The Mohawk, Austin, TX (5/30)

My Favorite New Discoveries of 2012 (albums released before 2012)
1. Nick Lowe - "Jesus of Cool" (1978)
2. Kraftwerk - "Trans Europe Express" (1977)
3. Ry Cooder - "Boomer's Story" (1972)
4. Veronica Falls (2011)
5. John Cale - "Vintage Violence" (1970)
6. The Stairs - "Mexican R&B" (1992)
7. Bee Gees - "The Best of" (1969)
8. Luna - "Rendezvous" (2004)
9. Spacemen 3 - "The Perfect Prescription" (1987)
10. Nick Lowe - "This Old Magic" (2011)
11. Lambchop - "How I Quit Smoking" (1996)
12. Cardinal (1994)
13. The Rezillos - "Can't Stand the Rezillos" (1978)

My Favorite Songs of 2012
Beach House - "Myth"
Beck - "Lookin' for a Sign"
Best Coast - "The Only Place"
Bob Mould - "The Descent"
Bobby Jealousy - "Never Let You Go"
Bobby Womack - "Please Forgive My Heart"
Bruce Springsteen - "Death To My Hometown"
Chairlift - "I Belong in Your Arms"
Cloud Nothings - "Stay Useless"
Daniel Rossen - "Silent Song"
Daughn Gibson - "Tiffany Lou"
David Byrne and St. Vincent - "Who"
The dB's - "That Time is Gone"
Diamond Rugs - "Gimme a Beer"
Divine Fits - "My Love is Real"
Django Django - "Default"
Dr. Dog - "That Old Black Hole"
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - "That's What's Up"
Family of the Year - "The Stairs"
Father John Misty - "Nancy from Now On"
FIDLAR - "Cheap Beer"
First Aid Kit - "Emmylou"
Frank Ocean - "Thinkin' About You"
Fun. - "We Are Young"
Guided By Voices - "Waking Up the Stars"
Guided By Voices - "Class Clown Spots a UFO"
Guided By Voices - "Chocolate Boy"
Hospitality - "Friends of Friends"
Jack White - "Hip (Eponymous) Poor Boy"
Kindness - "Swinging Party"
Lee Fields and the Expressions -"You're the Kind of Girl"
The Lumineers - "Ho Hey"
The Magnetic Fields - "Andrew in Drag"
Mike Coykendall - "Mr Fly"
Of Monsters and Men - "Little Talks"
Paul Westerberg - "My Road Now"
Red Kross - "Researching the Blues"
Robert Pollard - "Who's Running My Ranch"
Screaming Females - "It All Means Nothing"
Sean Rowe - "Downwind"
Sharon Van Etten - "Leonard"
Shearwater - "Breaking the Yearlings"
The Shins - "It's Only Life"
Spiritualized - "Hey Jane"
Tame Impala - "Elephant"
Tennis - "Origins"
Thee Oh Sees - "Wicked Park"
Todd Snider - "In Between Jobs"
Ty Segall Band - "I Bought My Eyes"
Veronica Falls - "My Heart Beats"

Listen on Spotify at:  2012 Favorites Part 1  / 2012 Favorites Part 2

No comments: